WHAT TRUE COLLECTOR VERIFICATION SERVICE IS
TCVS is an affordable service that adds a layer of secure protection to your paper collectibles.
TCVS provides peace of mind that your paper collectibles are protected from the elements that can destroy its longevity. The collectible is nicely displayed in a secured high quality toploader.
BASIC NEEDS OF PAPER COLLECTIBLES
Paper collectibles requires a few basic things such as stable temperature and humidity. Cheap sleeves, open plastic pages won’t stop the possible leaching acids or other corrosive chemicals.
WHAT WILL DAMAGE YOUR PAPER COLLECTIBLES?
UV rays cause fading. UV rays can also create heat, which speeds up chemical processes that naturally occur in the paper itself. Other damaging elements include light, dust, fingerprints, and unsafe handling. Here’s a detailed list of the enemies of paper collectibles:
- Heat. High temps speed up the rate of chemical reactions. Deterioration is caused by chemical reactions. The rate of deterioration doubles with each increase in temp of 18 degrees.
- Relative Humidity. This is a complicated ration that involves water vapor, temperature and pressure. For our purposes, just keep in mind that temperature and relative humidity need to be considered together.
- Dust and Dirt. Dust and dirt discolor paper. It can cause scratch (or permanently disfigure) them over time.
- Pollutants. Airborne pollutants such as ozone and sulfur dioxide create chemical reactions that can degrade dyes. The more polluted the city you live in, the more serious this problem will be for your collection.
- Pests. Insects and rodents eat cellulose (a common ingredient in paper). They also eat starch, glue, and gelatin. Furry pests like rats and mice will nibble at your unprotected collectibles, if not stored properly and monitored on a regular basis, even if they don’t bite, their droppings will leave permanent stains.
- Unsafe Handling. Bending, breaking, spilling, sneezing, dropping. Do not eat or drink near your collection. Wear gloves–fingerprints can leave behind acidic oils that will eat away very slowly at the paper. If you really can’t stand wearing gloves, be sure to wash your hands and skip the lotion. Handle by the edges, if possible.
WHAT TRUE COLLECTOR
VERIFICATION SERVICE IS NOT
TCVS is not a grading service. We do not assign a grade or a dollar value to the item.